3.12.2009

Make a difference Challenge



Some Background


This week has been finals week, and I have found myself with my head glued to a computer screen writing and studying. In the mist of this I realized that I am being so self-indulged, spending almost any time I have had away from family, friends, and my faith. This school year has been great, learning health from a completely different perspective compared to clinical medicine. But I find myself missing the opportunity to meet people in their time of need and "make a difference."

Recently I watched the movie Fireproof. In it, the main character takes a 40 day challenge to love his wife. Each day adds a new way to display his love. After getting some feedback on a facebook status this week, I have decided to make a 40-day "Make a Difference" challenge.

What It Entails
Making a difference can be small or large. It can be showing love to your wife or family. It can be picking up litter on the street or giving the random compliment. The key is that it is intentional. Everyday purposefully making a difference!

Some days it may be me that needs a difference made, but as often as possible it will be others. My intention is to keep an updated list of the ways I made a difference here, not to boast in pride, but to have others keep me accountable. Secondly, I hope to pass on my challenge! Note what today's "Make a Difference" is and pass it on!

Will you take the Challenge? Let me know. Let others know.

Day 1
Gave Kim a back massage and brushed her hair before bed.
Day 2
Took care of the kids while Kim worked on Earn While You Learn program for our local Crisis Pregnancy Center
Day 3
Challenged others to Make a Difference
Day 4 ....

3 comments:

Kimmy J said...

I think it is a great idea:) I might have to try it out myself!

Thanks for making a difference in me, God, others and me especially appreciate it:)

mawmaw and pawpaw said...

Mark, I commend you for your energy...it shows that you have a passion to grow in your faith and daily walk...to choose to take on this challenge when you are the busiest...I am in awe...you've inspired me!

Mark said...

Thanks for the support. Help me stay accountable!