1.22.2008

The days are counting fast!!

It is Monday night and I leave on Friday morning. It seems the past 3 weeks have gone by so quickly. I have had a couple of interviews and a medical lecture to prepare since starting the New Year. These things have kept my mind from being completely focused on my China trip.

This past weekend my parents came down to celebrate my mother's and I's birthdays. Kim and I also were prayed over at church. It is good to know that others will be praying for us and thinking about us while we are in China.

I think the hardest part of about the trip, aside from the long travel and being in another country, is the potential time spent alone. Since Kim and Lucy are not joining me until the last 10 days of the trip, I will have a number nights by myself. My hope is that God will use this time to grow me, and that I will take time to listen to God.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you, honey! I am excited that you are going to blog:) Miss you already

Jennifer said...

Awesome! We will be following you on your travels (via your blog)...wouldn't that be crazy to turn around and see us standing there. Sorry! That struck me funny. Anyway, we will be praying for you and your time there. May it be a blessing to you, your career and your family!!

Anonymous said...

YAY Mark!!! I want to go with you! You should convince Aaron to start his own blog. I think this will be great :)
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark!

I checked out Kimmy's site to see pictures of your girls (got the address from your parents' Christmas letter.) I know it's been awhile since we've seen each other, but I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in our prayers! I plan on checking back to read all about your trip and everything you are doing. God Bless!

Amy and Jason Hoying

givepraise said...

Checking on you regularly. It is awesome to see all the prayer support you are being given. He is faithful. Mom

Anonymous said...

Read your message today and am glad to know all went well. I will be checking again as this is so much fun just knowing that you are really half a world away and we all get instant response. How great to be a part of the wonders of the world.Waiting to hear more. Best of luck... Aunt Marie