1.30.2008

Drug rep, Macau style

Yesterday was a day of lecture for the Chinese resident doctors. The last lecture was a Gardasil representative. I found it very interesting; because back in Glasgow, at my residency, I listened to the Gardasil representative give the United States version of this talk. In Macau, the rep focused much more on how agencies like the FDA, EU Health Council, and other international organizations have supported it. They focused how multiple other governments have placed it as part of the national immunization programs. The cost of the vaccine is similar to in the U.S., thus making it rather expensive for the average person here to afford. The vaccine rep even brought food and pens, just like they do in the U.S. For those of you with medical interests, I will bring the vaccine product promotional material back with me for viewing.

No comments: