2.04.2008

Friday Night out with my new Chinese friends


Below are some pictures from my evening with some of my new Chinese friends. They took me to one of their favorite local restaurants. I told them to pick out their favorite dishes and I would give them a try. I said, "As long as you are willing to eat it, so am I." Along with the pictured food below they had hot wings and fried bread. These were no different than what is in the states, so I did not take any pictures of them. And no I did not get any diarrhea or stomach cramps. I had a great time experiencing the local culture. Eddie promised me that we would play some basketball before I leave. I look forward to it!

This is Eddie and his girlfriend Candy, he is a second year resident.



This is Inson, he is a fourth year resident.



This is Tim, he is a first year resident




The up close and personal look at colon noodle soup. Yes this is pig intestine. Really not bad as long as you can get past it mentally.


Oyster pizza? Well it is not quite pizza, but it is a flat bread with oysters and cheese. Not bad when is it warm, kind of rubbery when cold


1000 year egg. Cultural myth has it that the egg was originally made with horse urine. This is what my Chinese friends told me before I ate it. But since then I have investigated it on the internet and found this to be just a myth. If you are interested in Learning more about the 1000 yr egg follow the link to wikipedia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagined the dish looking more disgusting...I probably still won't eat it...maybe would have sampled it. Thanks for the emails and the comments on my blog *wink*. Love you

givepraise said...

Thanks for taking the time to add to your blog regularly. We are enjoying your reactions and all the sights.